| 10 Reasons to Have a Block Party !!
1. To have fun – no excuse or reason to celebrate!
2. To meet your neighbors. The more you know who belongs to the
neighborhood, the more likely you are to identify strangers or
3. To increase the sense of belonging in your neighborhood.
4. To organize a city-sponsored group such as Emergency Service Volunteers and get prepared.
5. To make connections within the community. When you know people,
you can exchange skills or resources and perhaps organize a book club, baby-sitting co-op, share walking to school duties, or find new friends for your children.
6. To plan a campaign for traffic slowdown, get better lighting, or
learn about its history.