| Suggestions on Organizing
- Gather a few neighbors and divide up the tasks. Decide on a possible
theme, activities, etc. Decide what to do about food.
- Start knocking on doors to find out if there is enough interest and, if
so, which day would be the best for the most people
- Pick a date and time (mid-afternoon to evening works best). Respect
neighborhood quietness after 9:00 pm. Think of an alternate plan in
case of poor weather.
- Go door to door.
• Hand out invitations (use the one included in this guide or create
• If you plan to close off the street., you will need to complete
Block Party application form with a signature and deliver it or
mail it to the Palo Alto Police Department, Attention: Code
Enforcement Officer, 275 Forest Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94301 or
fax it to (650) 329-2565,
• Recruit volunteers to help with the planning.
- Decide if this will be a block party restricted to those on the
street/block or will people be able to invite friends/relatives (if yes,
how many). Make this clear in your flyer/invitation.